Monday 25 July 2016

Homemade Plantain Swallow


Day by day, people come up with different creations in the "food world". It only takes serious research to find out how to incorporate these creations into our daily meals . This week, I decided to play around with plantain.
First, I made some plantain muffins (First trial was not good enough, I promise to share the recipe once I perfect the result). Then, I tried to make a swallow out of plantains as well. After-all, we make oatmeal swallow, wheatmeal swallow, yam swallow (pounded yam and amala), so why not plantain swallow???


Here's what you'll need for 2 servings

3 medium size plantain (ripe or unripe): I used the 1 ripe, 1 unripe and 1 inbetween...lol
About half cup Water
A Blender, pot and turning stick


Method:


  • Remove and dispose the back of the plantain
  • Cut plantain into small pieces and place in a blender.
  • Note: Remove the seeds in the middle of the plantain. I noticed that the seeds showed up 
  • Add a little water and blend until you have a smooth puree
  • Pour paste into the pot
  • On a low heat, use a turning stick to stir the plantain paste
  • Note:The paste gradually changes colour from a creamy colour to a golden/yellowish colour 

  • Continue to turn until a thick, stretchy dough is formed.
  • Serve with any soup of choice



Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment