Thursday 2 June 2016

GIZ-KPOMO SKEWERS


So today, I have a 'giz-kpomo success story' ...hehehe... Please Read...
Weeks back, my very special Giz-kpomo stew/sauce made me proud on Instagram, @thefoodnetworknig reposted the meal from my page and to my surprise, the 'likes' turn-up was massive, i mean, having over a thousand likes on a food picture, that was a first for me,
lol :d. click here to see, thank you :d


I was excited, and after going through some comments/critics, I decided to showcase a twist on how best to 'munch' this very sumptuous delicacy. So apart from serving giz-kpomo with rice, dodo, pasta and the likes, we can serve it as a finger-food, I mean just like you would have small chops in an event, I believe giz-kpomo can serve that purpose as well. Okay, enough of stories and giz-kpomo marketing, let's get to how this yummy finger-food is made.

Ingredients:

Gizzard
Kpomo
Veggies- carrots and cucumber
Red bell pepper and Onions - cut into bite size
Onions, tomatoes and ata rodo (blended)
Oil for frying
Spices - mint leaves, thyme, white pepper etc
Knorr cubes and salt to taste
Skewers 

Method:

  • Wash, Season and boil gizzard
  • Wash Kpomo, season and boil as well, I boiled the kpomo just because I want a very succulent and easy to bite kpomo.
  • Now, fry the gizzard in a pan and set aside
  • Cut veggies into bite sizes that would fit into the skewer
  • Now, in a pot, heat oil. When hot, add onions and pour the blended pepper
  • Add spices and fry the pepper for about 15 minutes.
  • While that is being done, get skewers and insert fried gizzard, kpomo, bell peppers, onions veggies. You want to evenly distribute the items, see sample image below:

  • When done, back to the stew, add knorr cubes and salt to taste
  • Depending on the size of the pot, insert skewers into the sauce and allow to steam for about 5-10 minutes, do same for all the remaining batch. Result would look like this:

  • Serve as appetizer, main dish or dessert, you could even snack on it...lol :d
  • I had mine with glass of fresh watermelon and pineapple juice
  • ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment