Thursday 22 September 2016

HERBY COUSCOUS SALAD


Recently, I took some days off work and traveled with my family to Ekiti State, Nigeria (The land of Pounded yam, I bet the Yorubas will relate) I literally ate pounded yam all through my nights there and as a result gained 3 kg, since then I've been nagging about the extra fat. I decided to have salad all through this week (don't judge me, Unhealthy Fat is my enemy). After having proper veggies salad for two days, I got bored and decided to try something exciting. Healthy eating does not have to be boring and that's why many people have developed exciting ways to stay healthy and eat well.

Here's a simple couscous recipe, I call it a salad, you can call it a stir-fry... Enjoy

Ingredients for 2 servings:


  • Half cup of couscous grain
  • Small sized onions
  • Parsley, Mint and extra spices as desired
  • Diced vegetables (I used green beans, lettuce, apple and carrots)
  • Chicken breast grilled with herbs, diced

Method:


  • In a pot, boil half cup of water, remove from heat, pour couscous in the water, cover and allow to couscous to absorb the water for about 3-5 minutes, set aside
  • Now heat a tablespoon of oil, saute onions and add veggies, dried herbs and spices
  • Add couscous to the mixture and stir fry for about a minute. Adjust tastes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment