Tuesday 23 February 2016

Pineapple Fried Rice

 Yes, I know I've posted fried rice before, but then this is an Updated Version- hehehe - I mean (cooking skills are to be upgraded)

This weekend, I was so stressed out from the week's activities that I just wanted to sleep all day. Then I checked my freezer and realized I had bought chicken drumsticks and even marinated them the night before. The chicken looked like it was enchanted
and out of pity/love, I decided to grill it for lunch.

So I called Tola, my friend and told her I was going to grill chicken, she was exited and decided to come join me, as she complained about her last grilling experience. She was my special guest, so I decided to treat her to a delightful lunch.

Funny enough, I'm 'gisting' you about chicken and our main dish is fried rice. "smh for me". Let's get to the business of the day jere... So here's what you'll need to make this "delish" pineapple fried rice.

Ingredients

2 cups of parboiled rice
1 cup of shrimps
2 cups of diced carrots
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
Medium sized onions and garlic, diced
Half cup of spring onions, diced
Chicken breast, boiled and diced
Seasonings: thyme, mint leaves, white pepper, onion pepper, knorr cubes, salt
Sauces: Fish sauce, Soy sauce
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
canola oil
Pineapple (diced)



Method:

In a bowl, rinse shrimps and marinate with 1tbsp of fish sauce, soy sauce and onion pepper seasoning. set aside.
In another bowl, mix thyme, white pepper with eggs. Heat a pan with oil, fry, dice and set aside
Clean pan and steam shrimps for 4 minutes and set aside
Heat a pot with oil and fry the garlic and onions and other spices needed
Add the carrots and green beans, stir fry for some minutes, then add rice. Allow to steam for 5-10 minutes (depending on the texture after parboiled state)
Now, add the shrimps and bell peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes
Then add the eggs and stir finally. Taste to know if there's need to add extra salt or any other seasoning.
Reduce heat, add spring onions and allow to steam for a minute.

When about to serve, add diced pineapples and ENJOY!!!


As for the grilled chicken, you could check the procedure here. Nothing changed, hence, the decision of not re-posting

Do let me know when you try this recipe... Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment